Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stakes, weeds, yellow then red

One of the garden tasks that I enjoy is weeding plantings of peas and then staking them so that the bush peas I tend to plant are free from weed competition and are supported off the ground as they grow.  I did that for two plantings of peas today.  Usually I use branches I clipped the previous winter from garden trees but I ran out of them and had to buy some bamboo stakes.  Here is what it looked like after the staking.
(You can click on the photo to expand it).
I spent some time weeding a bed by our hothouse.  Now I'm not the champion weeder in our family, because that would be Illijana, but it was fun to clear out the space to get more room for flowers.  Here is the pile of weeds pulled, and the space I pulled them from.
Finally, passing the hothouse, I checked in on the tomato plants inside.  They are growing very well, and here is a photo of one of the blossoms (yellow headed to being a red tomato).

No comments:

Post a Comment