Friday, September 16, 2011

How bout them onions, and planting late

I picked onions today as one of my first garden tasks of the day.  We don't usually plant many, but did end up with a nice crop of red onions this year.  Here is the photo after I pulled them.
I planted some flowers in the new glazed pot I wrote about yesterday, and then proceeded to try planting the way overgrown seedlings we have ignored for too long.  I'm usually the vegetable gardener in the family and my wife tends to handle the flowers, but she has been gone for several weeks helping her mom, and I had to get the overgrown (and oversown) plants into the ground.  Here is a picture of the 6 packs before planting (with my dog Cinnamon in the background), and then a shot of the area near the dog run that I started planting in today.  More planting to be done tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment