Saturday, September 10, 2011

Garden harvest today - peas, beans, cauliflower, zucchini

On June 16 I planted a small bed of Legacy shelling peas.  I picked the last of them today and pulled the plants and stakes I used to hold them up.  Bush peas seem to need staking to keep their 2 1/2 feet height off the ground which produces less snail and slug damage, and cleaner, less fungus affected peas.  Legacy performed well this year in the different micro-climates of my yard.  While Knight continues to be my favorite shelling pea, Legacy also does well here.  I have one more batch of Legacy peas getting ready which should be ripe for picking in two weeks or so.
Here is a picture of the days harvest of Legacy peas, Dragon Tongue beans, yellow and green zucchinis, and the smallest of the ready cauliflowers.
The next photos (taken a few days ago) show the not quite ready Legacy's growing.  (Click on them to expand).

No comments:

Post a Comment