Friday, September 2, 2011

"Back to the garden"

It has been a long 2 months of ignoring my garden in order to do work on my house.  We pressure washed the house, painted the trim, stained the windows and decks, and then sprayed shingle oil on the house whose walls are covered by cedar shingles.  Since it is a 2 story house on a slope there were plenty of hair raising ladder climbs on a 28 foot extension ladder.  I am so glad it is done!
So today I got back to work in the garden.  I harvested the carrot crop planted March 1, and I'm about to plant some fall growing vegetables.  Here is a photo of the carrot harvest taken just after I washed off the carrots at our outdoor sink.  These are the variety "Danvers Half-Long".  The sand here in Big Lagoon is great for potatoes and carrots.
carrot harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment