Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grand plans and slug patrols

Some days in the garden have grand plans that I set out to accomplish.  Other days I  go out and let the garden speak to me and just do what needs to be done.  Today was one of the do what needs doing days.  I weeded the plantings of peas with my fingers and the areas around them with a hand hoe.  I put stakes in the ground to hold up the growing peas.  I fertilized previous plantings with Maxsea, the seaweed based fertilizer I use.  I cut some asparagus and picked some Imperator carrots which overwintered in the garden and had them for dinner (whole wheat spaghetti and thin carrot slices cooked together, with a tomato sauce including sauteed garlic and asparagus).
Finally tonight, I caught Illijana in the act of slug patrol.  Note the flashlight and the bent posture which are classic slug patrol requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment