Thursday, April 7, 2011

Clip, clip

Illijana did one of those jobs today that only gets done once a year (twice a year if we are good about it). We have a black stemmed pittosporum hedge on the western boundary of our property by the road. It needs taming each year, and she clipped it yesterday and today. Here is the final result... (click pictures to expand them)

I sprayed the apple and pear trees today with micropulverized sulfur mixed with water. I had noticed some mold type spores on leaves yesterday, and since today was clear enough to spray, I did so. I've been trying to stay on a two week spray cycle. I'm determined to stop the scab and other diseases this year. Hope it works.



The greenhouse is getting full. There are lots of transplants happening (to larger pots), and new seed plantings. Today I transplanted zucchinis to larger pots, tomatoes to larger pots, and planted three kinds of broccoli, three kinds of lettuce, pac choi, cauliflower, cabbage, and three kinds of basil, all into 6 packs. I love the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment