Thursday, February 23, 2012

Preparation

One of the more fun activities of the spring is the preparation I do for the growing season.  Today, I washed out old 6 packs and trays to get ready for planting seeds.  I use an anti-fungal/anti-bacterial soap called physan-20 which is used in hospitals to get the used containers into cleaned up condition.  I then put them in the greenhouse to keep them dry until use.  Here is a photo of some of the containers.
After working on the cleaning for awhile I decided to transplant some of the seedlings that I had planted on Feb. 6th.  I did this because I usually plant 2 seeds per cell in each 6 pack, and this year germination was quite good. I transplanted broccoli of three types, lettuce, and kale into other 6 packs.  Here are pics of the transplanted seedlings and the original pacs after the transplant.
transplants
originals











Finally, I thought I'd share a few more daffodils with you.  This is a naturalized bunch on the east side of one of our greenhouses.  Happy Yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment